Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Addaura - Burning For The Ancient

Addaura - Burning For The Ancient Fans of Cascadian Black Metal bands such as Alda, Fauna, Wolves In The Throne Room, Skagos - take note.  This is probably your cup of tea.  I know it's mine.  I enjoyed this band's 2010 demo, and have eagerly been waiting for more ever since.  This was well worth the wait.  Melodic, hypnotic, haunting, this record is repetitive in a mesmerizing way, rather than a boring way.  The recording does the songs justice.  Not to muddy, or underproduced. The vocals are a majestic mix of screaming and growling that accent the epic nature of the music perfectly.  This is supposed to be available on vinyl, but I cannot figure out where.  The band apparently self released this little gem.  I'd recommend getting it into your grubby little hands, and on to your turntable as soon as possible. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this album so much. It's inspiring to me. Beautiful and driving in all the right ways. This may be one of the most agreeable albums I've heard in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you had this blog! XOXOOXOX
    Was just looking up reviews of this album, didn't know it came out so much earlier this year. It's rad as shit.
    -Bursts

    ReplyDelete